A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Events: Town Hall for Marine Park, Gerritsen Beach and Sheepshead Bay Residents


Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday!

Senator Golden has invited the participation of the following agencies to attend the meeting and address individuals concerns with representatives of the NYPD, the Transportation, Parks, Buildings, Environmental Protection, Sanitation and Fire Departments.

Senator Golden will be updating the community on the 2011-2012 New York State Budget and recent legislative efforts. Senator Golden and his staff will be providing important community information and announcing upcoming events for those in attendance.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at the Salt Marsh Nature Center, located at 3302 Avenue U (at East 33rd Street). 7:30pm – 8:30pm

For more information, please contact Senator Golden’s office at (718) 238-6044

1 comment to Events: Town Hall for Marine Park, Gerritsen Beach and Sheepshead Bay Residents

  • Robert Savino

    I am a resident of Marine Park. I have a complaint about the Dept of Environmental Protection. The DEP wants to change my water meter to a new upgraded water meter.
    I made an appointment back in Aug 2011 for a service tech to come and change the meter. When the service tech came he told me he could not change the meter. He would have to install a shut off valve the job was too big for him. I then scheduled a 2nd service call. I forget the date, maybe Oct 2011 and again they told me they could not do it.
    I received a letter in the mail saying that I denied the DEP access to my home and that I was in violation. I called and spoke to them explaining what happened. They scheduled another service tech to come and change my meter telling me this time they will not send an outside contractor and they will send someone from DEP. I WAS TOLD AGAIN FOR THE THIRD TIME THEY CAN NOT DO IT. I was also told I needed to call a plumber to come and install a shut off valve so the DEP could change my meter and that it will cost around $300.
    My house was built sometime around 1940 when there were no water meters. In 1980 The DEP came and installed my current water meter. I bought my house in 1992 and have had upgrades done to my meter from DEP. I was never told about this NEEDED valve.
    I feel if the DEP wants to change my meter they need to do the whole job at no cost to me.
    Please Help me. I have tried speaking to someone at the DEP they say it’s my problem not theirs